DIY: Woven Duct Tape Purse

Posted 4:30 AM by Unknown in Etiquetas:
Since I posted my latest DIY creation (I made my own sandals), I figured I'd show off some of my past projects as well :P

This one is one of my personal favorites, a purse made entirely out of Duct Tape! I love working with duct tape, you can do so many things with it and it's really strong yet flexible. For this project I created stripes of gray and red duct tape and wove them together to create this pattern. After it was more a matter of bending the woven mat into the shape of the bag, adding the support for the sides, and the strap.




For the interior I made a little pocket to hold my cellphone and keys. I finished it off with some velcro strips to close it.

It took me about 2 days to finish it; lots of work but so worth it! It's about 4 months old now and it still looks just as cool.

Below are two pics of what was my first Duct Tape project: a clutch-type wallet. Considering the fact I used this every day it was really durable: it lasted me about 5 months! (Remember it was made 100% out of duct tape).



Want to make your own purse? Here's the tutorial I based mine off of: Designs by Dianna

There's no tutorial for the wallet I created because I mixed a bunch of tricks from different tutorials I saw online, but there's tons of tutorials on how to create a men's folded wallet out of duct tape, just Google 'em.


1 comment(s) to... “DIY: Woven Duct Tape Purse”

1 comentarios:

Elaina said...

ahhh I need one of those for college...